Sunday, October 20, 2013

Someone New is At Our House...

Allie's favorite book for the past couple months is called "The Sister Book", and the first lines of the book are, "Someone new is at our house. Do you know who it is? It's our baby!" So I thought that was a fitting title.

Rowan is doing great! He has been taking in all the noise and stimulation of a house that already has two kids. Silas and Allie have been about as hyper as I've ever seen them over these last couple days! Lots of excitement with a new baby brother + many visitors + plus a lack of a routine = wild kids!

Rowan has been eating like a champ and is generally very pleasant so far. We had a bit of a rough night last night because he wasn't too interested in sleeping, but hopefully that phase won't last too long! Our families have been helping out, and we are very grateful for that.

One thing I'd like to clarify––my labor was longer than an hour. Nate may have misrepresented that in his earlier post. Contractions started around 9:30am and Rowan was born at 1:00pm. So, still not that long, but longer than an hour. The hour that Nate was referring to was the really painful part. But I did have many, many contractions in the weeks leading up to his birth, including several times when I thought I was in labor because I had regular contractions for several hours. So as my midwife told me, my body likes to spread labor out over the course of weeks, not hours.

Check back for more details about Rowan's birth and how he's adjusting to life at the Paine household!

Just minutes after Rowan was born––proud daddy!





A Big Brother twice over!


A new Big Sister! Allie had a swollen right eye
the day Rowan was born, so this picture looks a little odd.

1 comment:

  1. Rowan is beautiful Jen! So happy that he is here safe and sound. Praying for your family as you all adjust to another little one in the house. ~Kim

    ReplyDelete