Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Sweetness of a Sleeping Child


There’s something precious about a sleeping child. Watching one of the kids lying quietly in their beds, lips pursed, their face in a peaceful expression, gently breathing to the rhythm of slumber, always dims the days’ frustrations and challenges. I try to pause during these moments and soak up the sweetness, because this is what gets me through the rest of the day when things aren’t so rosy.

Over the weekend I often have the privilege of sleeping in while Nate watches Si and Allie. When Rowan wakes up, I’ll nurse him in bed, and he may take another nap while we lie there together. It’s very cozy and lovely. I so enjoy watching his little face as he sleeps... He still smiles in his sleep, and sometimes laughs, and I wonder what his dreams are like.

If you have little ones at home, don’t pass these moments by. Sear them into your heart so that when your children are long gone, the memories will remain.


Sweet baby
Allie sharing her nuk with Rowan
Rowan visiting Allie's bed one night

No comments:

Post a Comment